Personal data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name - To correspond with you appropriately.
- Contact Information - To enable us to contact you regarding your order or visit to the site.
- Address Details - To enable us to meet contractual obligation if providing goods and services.
- Other Information - Relevant to customer surveys and relevant marketing information.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourself and Heart Educational.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have ordered or enquired about.
- To notify you of changes to our service.
- To ensure the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To direct customers to appropriate products based upon the searches carried out.
- To administer our site and or internal operations such as trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our site.
- As part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions or recommendations to you and other site users relating to the goods and services that may interest you.
- For marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com to opt in or out of receiving marketing information.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you be phone email or mail. To opt out from this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart Educational are committed to ensuring that our site and the information we collect from you meets the requirements of GDPR.
Heart Educational aims to ensure that;
- Only personal information required for the above purposes is collected.
- The information is kept securely.
- The information is accurate and up to date.
- The information provided is only retained for as long as necessary.
You have the right to ask us to not process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting your personal data where we intend it to be used for this purpose.
You can exercise your rights to do this by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect information. You can also exercise these rights by contacting email@example.com
Our websites may from time to time contain links to websites of our partners and payment gateways. Please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility for these policies.
Heart Educational is committed to protecting your personal data including information relating to payment methods you use to pay for goods and services ordered from Heart Educational. Heart Educational do not store or record any information relating to credit card information. This includes the long number on the front of the card and the CV2 number on the reverse of the card.
All credit card transactions are processed on our PCI compliant partner sites Sage Pay or Pay pal.
For details of the PCI policies of these websites please visit the appropriate website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Session Management - These cookies are essential to enable the use of the website, they manage session information and enable a user to log into their account and navigate through the website.
- Functionality - These cookies allow us to store information that enables us to remember user preferences. They also help to improve a user’s experience whilst using the website.
- Tracking - The cookies allow us to monitor how a user landed on our website and allows us to see which method is the most effective.
- Analysis - These cookies allow us to count the number of visits and how users move around the website. This allows us to improve how the website works.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For example if you block all cookies you will not be able to log into your account.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at GDPR@heart-educational.co.uk
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR rules. This service is free and can be initiated by putting the request in writing to:
Data Protection Manager
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.